Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Who Says Crack Is A Bad Thing?

Today a woman came in today, obviously strung out on something amazing. My coworker says she blew through the conference room door with great speed, and while speaking to them she sat down and stood up again several times, and paced rapidly back and fourth. The minimum fine was $45, but she said repeatedly that "I ain't got that kinda money. I ain't got that kinda money." She ended up agreeing to pay, but the judge had already stepped off the bench for lunch, so she was told to come back in an hour.

My coworkers decided to go to a restaurant for lunch, and as they were walking down the street, they saw the same respondent dash across four lanes of traffic to a gas station, and then dash back across four lanes (no crosswalk, of course). She passed right in front of them without recognizing them at all.

When they got back after lunch, she was waiting in the courtroom.

Respondent: Did you take my papers up to the judge?

Coworker: Yes.

Respondent: Oh, I got that $45. (Removing a wad of money from her pocket and waving it around) I got that $45! I got that $45.

I don't even wanna know where the money came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment